The Astral Harvest Market is a bustling and dynamic area to be a part of! Participate this year by showcasing your unique food or products! Astral Harvest receives many applications and unfortunately not all applicants will be approved. Read the following information carefully and below you will find a link to the application form.
Vending: Important Information for 2019
Fees & Contracts
- Vendor Fee: $350 This fee must be paid at the time of application. If you are not accepted, your fee will be refunded.
- You will receive an email with the vendor fee PayPal link. These fees must be paid before any application will be considered.
- If accepted as a vendor you will receive an email with a contract detailing the information included on this page. This contract MUST be signed within seven (7) days of issue before any application will be considered complete.
- After the contact has been signed, all deposits are considered final.
- Vendor fees DO NOT INCLUDE ANY STAFF PASSES.
- Staff passes: Discounted price of $200per person (plus taxes and fees which include 5% GST, $5 Tickit Fee, and 2.9% + $0.30 Payment Processing Fee). Craft vendors receive the option to purchase up to two (2) discounted passes. Food vendors receive the option to purchase up to eight (8) discounted passes. Any additional staff passes can be purchased as regular admission tickets through our website or at any ticket venue.
- If you are accepted you will receive an email with information about how to purchase staff passes.
Dates & Approval Process
- All Applications Open: January 15th, 2019
- Craft & Food Applications Close:April 16th, 2019
- We will be approving/rejecting vendors throughout the application period. All applications will be assessed and approved/rejected no less than one week following the closing date. If you have not heard from us by the application closing date there may still be a chance you will be selected as a vendor this year.
- All applicants will be notified of their approval status by April 23rd, 2019 at the latest.
- We do this to give ourselves the best selection of vendors, while allowing us to let long standing vendors know earlier in the year that they have been approved. Ultimately this helps us create the broadest variety of vendors with less product overlap between stalls.
- Please note that your deposit may be held up until one week after the application closing date before being refunded (April 23rd, 2019).
Vendor Team Hours
The Vendor Team is available:
- 9:00am - 11:59pm Wednesday July 3rd
- 10:00am - 6:00pm Thursday July 4th
- 12:00pm - 6:00pm Fri & Sat July 5th & 6th
- 6:00pm - 8:00pm Sunday July 7th
- 9:00am - 2:00pm Monday July 8th
- All inquiries for the Vendor Team are to be directed through the Info Booth.
- Please be patient with all inquires as we also work in various other capacities within the festival.
Arrival Times and Hours
- Vendor Arrival times: 9:00am-11:59pm Wednesday July 3rd. (Anyone arriving outside these times will be asked to reside in General Camping until a vendor coordinator is available to place them.) There will be NO setup without a vendor coordinator present.
- All vendors must be setup and operational by 12:00pm Thursday July 4th.
- Craft vendors are not to tear down until after 2:00pm Sunday July 7th and may remain open throughout Sunday.
- Food vendors are expected to be open and operational throughout Sunday July 7th.
- We ask that the festival grounds be exited by Monday July 8th at 2:00pm.
Setup & Structure
- Your placement on Vendor Row will be determined and at the discretion of our Vendor Team.
- Absolutely no set up prior to contact with vendor coordinator.
- Ideal structures: 10x10, 10x20, 10x30 “easy-up” with a professional appearance.
- All other structures will require pre-approval from the festival.
- Each shelter is to be staked down on each corner with a stake driven no less 18” into the ground at a 45 degree angle. ANYTHING LESS THAN THIS IS UNSAFE AND UNACCEPTABLE. The standard set up hardware that is included with your “easy up” is very often insufficient.
- Any protruding stakes/sharp objects/tripping hazards are to be covered and mark with fluorescent tape/paint/tennis balls.
- Each corner of the structure will be affixed to the above mentioned stakes with nothing less than a 1” wide ratcheting strap (or equivalent).
- All structures & setup are subject to inspection & approval via the Vendor Team.
- Any structures failing to pass inspection will be given a 3 hour window to remedy any issues before being asked to dismantle the structure.
- Alternatively, if issues cannot be remedied by your own means, Astral Harvest can attempt to bring your structure up to expectation for a fee of $250.
Land & Weather
- Not all vendor sites will be perfectly flat. It is your responsibility to be prepared and bring materials to accommodate for potentially uneven ground (ie. blocks). As prior, your placement is at our discretion and you will not be moved due to issues arising from terrain concerns. Come prepared!
- Be prepared for any and all weather conditions.
- You are expected to be at your stall should bad weather occur. We have experienced strong rain/winds in the past and need you there to assure your structure and product is safe and secure.
- Any structural safety issues that do arise due to bad weather/poor setup/inadequate equipment will be addressed by Astral Staff and a $250 fee will be assessed to the stall operator.
Camping & Vehicles
- Due to space limitations, not everyone is able to camp at their stalls.
- The large majority (all stalls on the north side) of vending stalls do have an area for camping.
- Vendors on the north side of the road may use one vehicle as part of your site. Additional vehicles must be left in designated parking areas.
- Additional space for camping at your site will be clearly marked and directly behind your stall.
- There will be an additional tenting only area (limited to 1 tent per stall) on the North side of the road for those vendors without camping behind their stalls.
- There is to be NO camping or vehicles parked behind stalls on the South side of the road.
- If you have additional needs or reasons you require camping with your stall (ie. infants), please state so clearly in your application, and follow up with vendor coordinators.
Craft Vendor Power & Water
- Power will be provided in the form of one or two 20 Amp 120 Volt circuit in a regular 3-prong outlet. If you require additional power or any non-standard power equipment, please be sure to state this in your application.
- You are required to bring any additional extension cords and power bars to accommodate your site. We recommend 200ft of cord!
- Any special power adaptors required are the responsibility of the vendor.
- Potable water is also supplied via a pressurized garden hose.
Food Vendor Power & Water
- Generally we are able to provide a 30 Amp 220 Volt twist lock connection along with a 15 Amp 110 Volt circuit per food vendor. We have a few additional 50 Amp “range plug” connections as well if needed. We will be in more direct contact closer to festival time regarding your power needs as well.
Please state your power needs with as much detail as possible in your application.
- Potable water is also supplied via a pressurized garden hose.
- You are responsible for all needed extension cords, water hoses (100ft of potable water hose recommended), electrical adapters, hose splitters (highly recommended) as well as properly dealing with your grey water.
- Grey water disposal tanks are available behind the food vending area.
- Fire extinguishers will be close by in case of emergency. The vendor coordinator will show you on-site.
- There will be NO float/change provided by the festival for vendors. The nearest bank is in High Prairie.
- Garbage and recycling bins will be supplied close to the vendor stalls. Compost will also be collected throughout the festival.
- The Festival is ANIMAL-FREE, so please leave your pets at home.
- All food and drink is to be served in compostable containers (this includes cutlery, lids, and straws). There is to be no food/drink served in plastic, styrofoam or any other non compostable material.
- There is to be no sale of single use water bottles. Astral Harvest will have reusable water bottles available to food vendors for resale.
- Water bottles are to be resold at a markup of no more than $0.50 above the cost of the water bottle provided by Astral Harvest.
- Packages of water bottles will be distributed during check in / setup on a credit basis. Any unsold water bottles can be returned and removed from the balance owed. This will be taken care of during site enviro check when dealing with food vouchers. Anything not returned during this time period will not be refunded.
Food Vendor Enviro Deposit, Food Vouchers & Health Forms
- Food vendors are subject to a $250 enviro fee which will be collected upon arrival at the festival.
- If accepted, food vendors are required to fill out all appropriate health inspection documents and submit them no later than two (2) weeks prior to the festival start date.
- The vendor team, as well as the post-festival clean up Coordinator will do a site walk-through with you prior to leaving the grounds. Enviro deposits will be returned upon successful completion of this walk through.
- It is the vendor’s responsibility to dispose of his/her garbage in the dumpsters provided. DO NOT leave garbage along the roads expecting it to be picked up by site enviro crew. Any failure to comply will result in the forfeiture of your enviro fee.
- All food vendors operating deep fryers will need to have their fry oil containers marked and tagged prior to operation. All fry oil will need to be presented at enviro check in, in the original marked containers and it WILL BE TAKEN WITH YOU OFFSITE.
- THERE IS TO BE NO DUMPING/DISPOSAL OF ANY FRY OIL ON FESTIVAL GROUNDS.
FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN THE LOSS OF YOUR ENVIRO DEPOSIT AND YOU WILL NOT BE INVITED BACK.
- Food vouchers for select artists will be distributed by Astral Harvest and will be reimbursed @ 70% of their original value.
- Food vouchers will be collected on Monday, July 8th. Any food vouchers not collected at this time WILL NOT BE reimbursed.
- All food voucher reimbursements will be done no less than two (2) weeks following the festival via email money transfer.
Acceptance & Terms
- The Vendor and all of its subcontractors, employees, and volunteers hereby agree that Astral Harvest and any of its subcontractors, employees, and volunteers will not be held liable for any problems, damages, losses, accidents, deaths, or injuries that may occur at the festival.
- Any violation of this contract will be considered grounds for cancellation of this agreement.
- Astral Harvest reserves the right to cancel this agreement at any time.